Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Manager
Oceaneering | USA, Houston
Duties & Responsibilities
- Hire, train, equip, and evaluate manufacturing engineers
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Work with the Quality Organization, to improve and/or develop appropriate quality control standards to support new and existing projects and products.
- Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow. Design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confer with planning and design staff concerning product design, material, tooling, and equipment needs to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confer with vendors to determine specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts. Evaluate, and validate supplier equipment properly.
- Support management, engineering, and others regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations.
- Identify improvement opportunities by utilizing statistical methods to analyze existing operations and estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Lead implementation of Operational Excellence activities including but not limited to; Value Stream Mapping, 6S, Standard Work, QDIP Boards, Total Preventative Maintenance, etc.…
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineer, Six Sigma or other advanced quality training, as well as Lean training.
- Minimum ten (10) years manufacturing or industrial engineering experience in multiple manufacturing disciplines/situations.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience leading Manufacturing Engineers teams and completing multiple major projects with proven results.