Advanced Controls Systems Engineer
Halliburton | USA, Houston
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Develop state-of-the-art controls & automation systems technology.
- Design and implement automation system networks, including specifying communications protocols, communications media and associated hardware.
- Conduct hardware & software verification and validation.
Education / Experience / Knowledge:
- Skills acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline and 2 years of related experience. Completion of a master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline is preferred.
- Prefer Minimum of Master’s degree (electrical, mechanical, chemical, or aerospace engineering) with 3 to 10 years control systems engineering experience or related/applicable experience. PhD degree is highly desired but not required.
- Past experience in oil & gas and power generation preferred. Experience in large-scale industrial processes (chemical, pharmaceutical, oil & gas refining) is essential to be successful in this role.
- Proven experience in the development of advanced controls systems and Human Machine Interface (HMI) including PLC-based systems including model-based predictive and corrected parameter controls including the application of plant level modeling.
- Strong background and experience in signal processing and analysis, control systems, system dynamics, and associated mathematics and computation.
- Experience with system identification and estimation techniques.
- Experience with data acquisition and measurement systems.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available.
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to program in Microsoft Visual Studio, C# and C++, VB.net, LabVIEW, LabWindows/CVI, and Matlab/Simulink, Matlab/Simscape, and industry standard PLC systems.
- Experience developing with Python, .NET, WPF, WCF, C#, C++, client/server applications, MATLAB and databases.
- Expertise implementing National Instrument cRIO, Siemens PCS7 and/or Allen Bradley control systems. Experience in other system platforms will be considered.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings and diagrams, electrical schematics, piping and instrument drawings (P&IDs), flow charts and cause and effect diagrams.