LyondellBasell | USA, Cincinnati
- The Application Development and Technical Service (AD&TS) Engineer provides polyethylene and polypropylene technical support to our strategic customers. Our AD&TS engineers also create customer and market opportunities for LyondellBasell through applications development and technical service activities in targeted market segments, with a focus on polymer conversion technologies. They will also be expected to lead product and application development programs in support of market segment strategies.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provides targeted technical support to external customers, as well as internal customers such as Business, Sales and Manufacturing.
- Understands customer and market needs, translates these into resin requirements/specifications, and works with cross functional groups to frame these into value added opportunities.
- Investigates and resolves customer complaints regarding product performance or quality with a long-term focus on manufacturing excellence.
- Initiates and manages value added product and applications development projects in collaboration with other functions including Business, Product Development and Manufacturing
- Supports profitable product line growth through customer qualifications of new, improved or existing products.
- Participates in and / or leads various activities related to LyondellBasell’s product stewardship protocol.
- Provides support to manufacturing plants including process improvement initiatives and other activities aimed at operational excellence and continuous improvement.
- Known as the Subject Matter Expert for their specific area.
Primary Internal and External Touch Points
- Customer: Technical Management and Engineers, Manufacturing Management and Engineers, Quality Assurance Engineers and Line Operators
- Internal: Marketing Managers, Account Representatives, Product Development and R&D Researchers, Manufacturing and Production Engineers, Product Safety Consultants, Specifications Management Consultants, Operations Planners and Supply Chain Representatives
- Industry Associations and Regulatory Bodies: Legislators, Standards Groups and other Industry experts
- The candidate must be able to establish excellent customer relationships, be an effective communicator (both written and oral) and have an advanced level of technical competency. Must also be customer focused, results oriented, problem solver, collaborative, have advanced project management and leadership skills. The position requires 20 – 50% travel within the US, Mexico and Canada.
- Position requires a University / College degree in Chemical, Polymer, Materials, Mechanical or related engineering discipline with a polymer focus.
- Builds effective teams
- Cultivates innovation
- Customer focus
- Demonstrates courage
- Drives results
- Ensures accountability
- Instills trust and exemplifies integrity