2020 - University Graduates (UK) Civil/Electrical Engineering - Infrastructure
By joining Bechtel’s Graduate Programme, you will take part in an exciting programme that offers:
- Industry experience
- Highly competitive salary and full benefits package
- Networking and social events with other graduates
- Full support towards obtaining Chartership (our programme is accredited by the ICE)
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Opportunities for civil engineering graduates are available in Infrastructure (highways, rail/metro systems, urban developments, airports etc.) business units. Depending on the area you apply for the duties in your day to day role will vary.
- Here you can join us in either engineering or construction and you can expect to gain a broad view of our business.
- Your role as a field engineer Responsible for checking the quality of works undertaken by the Principal contractor, ensuring the works are undertaken in accordance with the specifications, procedures and the agreed AFC drawings.
- Attend hold and witness points for civils works and subsequently sign quality assurance check sheets.
- A principle responsibility is to check safety on site assuring that key risks stated in the task briefs and method statements are being mitigated.
- Report on progress to the commercial team, and liaise with the Project Engineers with respect to works being carried out on site.
- Successful candidates should be on track for a relevant 2:1 Masters Degree in civil engineering or related degree (or overseas equivalent), and be legally allowed to work in the UK/EU.
- Work experience relevant to the area you are applying to and extra-curricular activities will assist in your application.