2020 Summer Internship & Co-Op Opportunities: Chemical Engineering Student
DuPont | USA, Statewide, Nationwide
DuPont is offering rewarding internship and co-op experiences to bright, talented, business-minded students with the leadership capabilities and determination to enhance our Manufacturing Technology organizations during the Summer of 2020. We have a variety of meaningful assignments that allow students to gain valuable experience in the manufacturing environment. The assignments provide students with opportunities to develop by integrating classroom theory with practical work and to demonstrate their skills for future career opportunities at DuPont. In Manufacturing Technology, you will have opportunities to do the following:
- Work in a dynamic, team environment that leverages the resources of our large organization.
- Develop an understanding of the manufacturing technology environment.
- Participate in the internship and/or co-op program and work-specific training and development.
- Perform analytical project work using Six Sigma methodology.
- Work with experienced manufacturing technology professionals in the performance of your responsibilities.
- Develop an understanding of DuPont Strategic Business Units and Operations, our product offerings and how materials and service requirements and issues are managed.
- Adopt and follow DuPont's core values of safety, ethics, respect for people, and environmental stewardship both on a personal and business level.
- Work in a business casual environment with flexible work/life opportunities.
The scope of the intern's role will vary dependent on the manufacturing technology site. Co-op roles can last from 3-6 months in length. Internships are 10-12 weeks.
The following requirements MUST be met for consideration in this student employment program:
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college or university
- Enrolled in an ABET accredited program in Chemical Engineering
- Flexible with work assignment location/relocation
- Have the right to work in the U.S. without restriction
Preferred Attribute: 3.0 GPA or Higher In addition to these requirements, we are seeking candidates who have demonstrated the following core competencies:
- Outstanding problem-solving, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Accomplished computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and database experience
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in cross-functional teams to deliver concrete project deliverables in a timely manner
At DuPont, we have an unbridled commitment to deliver essential innovations that enrich people’s lives, enable sustainable development and foster human potential for generations to come. Innovations developed from highly engineered products and naturally sourced ingredients continue to shape industries and everyday life. From smarter homes to more efficient cars, from better ways of digitally connecting to new tools that enable active and healthy lifestyles…in all these areas and many more, we’re working with customers to transform their ideas into real world answers that help humanity thrive.
Coupled with core values and excellent compensation & benefits… Together, we’re turning possibilities into real world answers that help humanity prosper!
Come realize how you can make an impact, act like an owner and partner with customers in our journey.
Please access the following link to better understand & appreciate DuPont’s Journey:
These roles can be located at any of our U.S. locations.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.